Welcome to Sunthing Special, your source for fun, funky, colorful works of art!
(Please email me at email@example.com or call/text me at 330-208-5693 if you're interested in purchasing anything! Also, for the most current information about Sunthing Special, please visit my Facebook page. Many items are also available on my online store.)
I'm an Akron, Ohio-based artist who is known for my acrylic painting on canvas, photography, and works with recycled objects -- primarily bright suns and "Akron" images.
- Five of my sun images have been shown on CBS Sunday Morning a total of NINE times!
- I've been featured on the local news show "Fox 8 New Day Cleveland". I and/or my work has been included in stories in the (Akron) Beacon Journal, Akron's West Side Leader, Akronist, University of Akron's Buchtelite, Crain's Cleveland Business, Beachwood Buzz, Canton Repository's Ticket, Kent Record-Courier The Weekender and more.
- The international GG9 committee commissioned me to paint a soap box derby car which it used as a centerpiece in the opening ceremonies for the games in August 2014.
- I have participated in more than 50 exhibits and shows.
- I had a studio in Summit Artspace for five years (December 2010-2015).
- My work is in homes and offices around the world.
New 3-D art available from my home studio (several made with repurposed items):
You can purchase these items off the wall at Flury's Cafe in downtown Cuyahoga Falls:
$25 $25 $25 $25 $25
Valentine's Gift Ideas! (Handmade, of course!)
$9 each $15 each $5-10 each $2 each
Free pickup available in my home studio in NW Akron
New Notecard Sets!
8 notecards in repurposed packaging, $10
I live in Akron, I went to the University of Akron, and I had a studio in downtown Akron for five years. I'm proud of my city and created art to share that pride. You can buy some of those items on my online store, the Beacon Store online, Yellow Creek Trading Company in Peninsula, or at my home/studio in Northwest Akron.
NEW! Metal Prints:
Metal prints look so amazing! Each print of one of my original photographs is protected by a high-gloss UV coating which keeps images resistant to water and dust over time. They have ultra-high definition colors, intense blacks, crisp contours, seamless gradations, and a unique, luminescent finish. They are signed, "shadow mounted" and ready to hang.
Current events inspired these works I did last year:
"The Day His Laughter Died (11/8/16)" "The Day Her Laughter Died (11/8/16)"
"Court Jester" "Desperately Seeking ..."
"Let Them In" "Crossroads"
"Dark Days" "Vigilance"
"Fear Can Turn Your Heart Black" "Sunflower"
"Up in Smoke" "Rising Fury"
"Not on my Watch" "Unmasked (Deception)"
"If I Could Turn Back Time" "Search for Equality"
"Soar, Then Shine" "Trying to Find the Light"
"Embrace Diversity" "World on Fire"
Here's a short (2 minute) interview with me from Jack Stern of the University of Akron's ZTV