Welcome to Sunthing Special, your source for fun, funky, colorful works of art!
I'm an Akron, Ohio-based artist who is known for my acrylic painting on canvas, photography, and works with recycled objects -- primarily bright suns and "Akron" images.
- Five of my sun images have been shown on CBS Sunday Morning a total of NINE times!
- I've been featured on the local news show "Fox 8 New Day Cleveland". I and/or my work has been included in stories in the (Akron) Beacon Journal, Akron's West Side Leader, Akronist, University of Akron's Buchtelite, Crain's Cleveland Business, Beachwood Buzz, Canton Repository's Ticket, Kent Record-Courier The Weekender and more
- The international GG9 committee commissioned me to paint a soap box derby car which it used as a centerpiece in the opening ceremonies for the games in August 2014.
- I was featured in the Greater Akron Chamber of Commerce video, first shown at the meeting which honored LeBron James in March 2015.
- My work is in homes and offices around the country.
But lately I've turned my talents to fun and funky knitted bags ...
Each bag is the result of a 10-step process. Each bag is also very special because it contains
one or more items that have been given to me through the years -- discarded
fabric samples from interior decorators; buttons from my grandmother's
collection; threads and yarns from other artists. All these items have gained a
new life in these unique bags. Please follow me on Facebook to see where these bags will be for sale, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Just some of my paintings for sale
$85 $55 $50
CBS Sunday Morning has aired five of my sun images a total of nine times!
For five years I had a studio at Summit Artspace. It was my "Happy Place". To see some of the happy people who have visited my studio, please click here.
For the most current information about Sunthing Special, please visit my Facebook page. Call or text me at 330-208-5693.